Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Religion
The mission of the Department of Philosophy and Religion is to engage students in the process of considering carefully and examining critically the horizons of ultimate significance which provide the conceptual frameworks by which societies and individuals judge and act.
日本一本道a不卡免费Students will successfully complete courses in Philosophy and Religion by:
- Demonstrating the ability to think critically;
- Demonstrating the ability to engage multiple perspectives;
- Demonstrating the ability to read primary and secondary texts in the fields of Philosophy and Religion;
- Demonstrating the ability to articulate and sustain a well conceived position.
日本一本道a不卡免费In addition to offering courses for all students, the Department provides interested students the opportunity to pursue a focused plan of study leading to a variety of minor concentrations or a self-designed major concentration. Students majoring in Philosophy and Religion, in addition to meeting the above objectives, will:
- Demonstrate a survey knowledge of their chosen area
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in sustained research
The major in Philosophy and Religion consists of ten courses and a three-credit final project/independent study. The student’s program is self-designed in consultation with a faculty member/mentor, in pursuit of a particular question or subject area of interest. Students will maintain an eportfolio for their work in the major so that their progress can be monitored and their achievement assessed.
Earn Your Degree With Our Accelerated And Flexible Courses
日本一本道a不卡免费Bachelor of Science in Business Management is offered in our new FLEX format.
With the FLEX format, you can choose to take each class in either a blended or online format. Each time you register for a new course, you can choose one of these formats:
- Blended - Classes run for eight weeks with a combination of one on-ground session at either of our New Haven or East Hartford campuses and one online assignment each week from the comfort of your home or office. Students who choose this option often enjoy the best of "both worlds" as they benefit from in-class discussion with their classmates and professors while maintaining the convenience of working on projects and assignments from home.
- Online - Online or Distance Learning classes run for eight weeks with two online "sessions" each week that you can "attend" from the comfort of your own home or office.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Required Courses (33 credits)
PH 211 Moral Choice
One of the following courses:
日本一本道a不卡免费RS 211 Introduction to the Variety of Christian Experience
RS 221 Introduction to World Religions
One of the following courses:
日本一本道a不卡免费PH 220 Introduction to Western Philosophy
PH 224 Modern Philosophy
Seven courses from among all other PH and RS courses, and a 3-credit final project, independent study, or seminar.
Philosophy and Religion Minors
日本一本道a不卡免费The Department offers a minor consisting of 18 credits in Philosophy offerings, or 18 credits from the Religion offerings, or 18 credits from the Philosophy and Religion offerings, selected in consultation with a faculty member from the department.