Bachelor of Science in Global Studies
日本一本道a不卡免费The Global Studies major is designed to provide an understanding of processes of globalization and the impact of globalization in shaping the contemporary world. Graduates of the program gain an understanding and appreciation of the historical, political, economic, cultural, and technological forces that contribute to globalization. By the conclusion of the program, graduates are able to identify and provide cogent analyses of issues that have arisen as a result of globalization and to bring a global perspective to bear on the analysis of local and regional issues. It thereby prepares them to think globally and to contribute to addressing the challenges facing the world in the 21st century.
Through successful completion of the Global Studies Program, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of the contemporary world.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the political, economic, cultural, and technological forces that have contributed to globalization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problems and consequences resulting from globalization.
- Be capable of bringing a global perspective to bear on the analysis of local and regional issues.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge regarding an issue transcending national borders, or the impact of globalization on a particular geographical region.
- Demonstrate highly developed research, critical thinking, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a sufficient knowledge and skill base to pursue graduate studies and/or work in organizations involved in global issues.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
日本一本道a不卡免费Civil Service Employee
Program Of Study* (43 Credits)
日本一本道a不卡免费*A minimum of 12 credits of major requirements must be at the 300 level.
Students majoring in Global Studies also must have completed successfully three years of a foreign language at the high school level or 6 credits of foreign language at the college level. Students also are strongly encouraged to pursue advanced study in foreign language and study abroad.
Global Studies Major (43 credits)
I. The Contemporary World and the Processes of Globalization
SO 211 Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
日本一本道a不卡免费GL 111 Introduction to Global Studies
日本一本道a不卡免费GL 210 Colonialism/Post Colonialism
HI 316 War and Peace in 20th Century Europe or
HI 341 World Revolution in the 20th Century
日本一本道a不卡免费PO 257 International Relations
PH 240 Modernity
RS 221 World Religions
II. Global Issues: 12 credits from the following list of courses that offer in-depth treatment of issues that have arisen as a result of globalization. (chosen in consultation with an advisor)
MG 329 Global Issues
日本一本道a不卡免费PO 342 Nationalism
日本一本道a不卡免费PH 352 Introduction to Peace, Justice, and Global Issues
RS 321 Fundamentalism
SC 301 Globalization and the Environment
日本一本道a不卡免费CO 371 Political Communication in the 21st Century
EN 361 Literature of the Immigrant
EN 211 Post Colonial Literature
AH 344 Arts of the Twentieth Century to the Present
DA 301 World Dance
MU 216 World Music
SO 243 Populations and Society
GL 255 Special Topics: Globalization and Technology and Global War in Afghanistan
日本一本道a不卡免费III. Specialized Studies: 10 credits
GL 391 Senior Thesis (Conducted as a course)
日本一本道a不卡免费GL 380 Internship/GL: 355 Special Topics Seminar
GL 355 Advanced Study in a Particular Field
日本一本道a不卡免费GL 330 Portfolio