Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
日本一本道a不卡免费The Albertus Magnus M.B.A. program in the Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership is designed for working professionals looking to build a strong conceptual foundation for the successful management of business, with emphasis on the skills needed for creating new value for customers and maximizing competitiveness in an increasingly dynamic and global environment. Our M.B.A program provides the opportunity to profit from practical work-related experiences through collaborative learning and student interaction. Students select from the following specializations: Accounting, General Management, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Leadership, or Project Management.
Why Study Business Administration at Albertus?
Where will this degree take me?
Earn Your Degree With Our Accelerated And Flexible Courses
日本一本道a不卡免费Master of Business Administration is offered in our new FLEX format.
With the FLEX format, you can choose to take each class in either a blended or online format. Each time you register for a new course, you can choose one of these formats:
- Blended - Classes run for eight weeks with a combination of one on-ground session at either of our New Haven or East Hartford campuses and one online assignment each week from the comfort of your home or office. Students who choose this option often enjoy the best of "both worlds" as they benefit from in-class discussion with their classmates and professors while maintaining the convenience of working on projects and assignments from home.
- Online - Online or Distance Learning classes run for eight weeks with two online "sessions" each week that you can "attend" from the comfort of your own home or office. All weekly assignments are offered asynchronously, meaning you have the ability to work on them at your own time and pace.
The M.B.A. is accredited by the State of Connecticut Board of Higher Education and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
Program of Study
Total Credits: 48
Core Classes: 39 Credits
3 Courses from one of the Advanced Specialization areas below: 9 Credits
Students selecting this option may take courses from the Master of Arts in Leadership Program with the approval of the M.B.A. and Leadership Program Directors. Three courses (9 credits) from the Master of Arts in Leadership are required to complete this concentration.
The above courses are three credits each.
*MB 660: Strategic Management Capstone must be taken after all core course requirements have been fulfilled.
(W) May be waived with permission of the Program Director. A maximum of 12 credits may be waived.
(E) Elective course. Students may elect 9 credits of concentration or specialization courses. The elective courses listed above are offered in the General Management concentration. Those who select another concentration would substitute the appropriate courses.
- A completed application and a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8 on a 4.0 system*
- Official transcripts reflecting conferral of prior degree (a minimum of a bachelor’s degree for master’s programs). All transcripts are to be submitted from the original institutions.
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or professional associates
- For non-native English speakers, minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, or 213 computer-based
- Proof of immunization in accordance with Connecticut State requirements
- For online degrees, a Connecticut Driver’s License or DMV Photo ID
- For applicants who intend to use Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits
- Military, university and college transcripts
- Certification of Eligibility letter or, for reservists, Notice of Basic Eligibility
- Veteran’s Intent to Register form
- A written essay of 500–600 words, double spaced, detailing the applicant’s professional interests, reasons for applying to the program, and educational expectations.
*Students who do not meet the above G.P.A. requirement may be admitted on a provisional basis. Provisionally admitted students may be required to complete prerequisite courses or to earn a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in 12 credits before being fully admitted to the program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA is 2.8
- A written essay of 500-600 words double spaced, detailing the applicant's professional interests, reasons for applying to the program , and education expectations
In addition to the thirteen core courses (39 credits), students will take three additional courses (9 credits) in an advanced specialization. Students may select an area of specialization from any of the following options: Accounting, General Management, Health Care Management, Human Resources, Leadership, or Project Management. Students may have a dual specialization or up to two specializations, if desired.
Albertus Magnus College will accept a maximum of 6 graduate hours from a regionally accredited college or university. Such credits must have been completed within five years prior to entrance into the program, must have earned a minimum grade of “B” (3.0) or better, and must satisfy M.B.A. degree requirements. Transfer credits will be evaluated on an individual basis. All requests to transfer credits must be completed prior to starting the program.
日本一本道a不卡免费Internal transfer students from other Albertus graduate programs must complete at least 50% of their requirements (24 credits) in the M.B.A. Program. The total of graduate credits and undergraduate waivers transferred into the program is limited to a maximum of 18 credits.
Advanced-standing placement is possible for students with undergraduate business degrees. Students may receive a maximum of 12 credits waived based on undergraduate work completed within the last seven years. To receive a waiver, a minimum grade of 3.3 must be earned in the undergraduate courses being considered. Courses waivers are granted by the program director, who will notify the student of these waivers at the time of admission to the program. The program director will complete a “Waiver” form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. This form will provide reference when an official audit is being conducted before graduation.
*Waivers must be granted upon initial admission to an Albertus graduate program. Students who are already enrolled in another Albertus graduate program will not be eligible for waivers.
- Complete all required coursework
- Satisfactorily complete the Business Plan
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Students receiving a final grade of C– or lower in any course will be required to repeat that course
- Complete all requirements within seven years of matriculation
- Pay all tuition and fees
Graduation with Honors
M.B.A. students may qualify to graduate with honors who:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.90 and above.
- Earn a grade of “A” in MB 660 Strategic Management Capstone
To learn more, please contact Nancy Fallon at email@example.com